Wow, I guess I got a little behind on keeping up (who could have foreseen that :-)?? May went by quickly and we got a lot done around here. In the beginning of May Mason got a new play gym for the backyard. The poor installers put it up on a horribly cold and rainy Friday afternoon but they finished just before it got too dark. Mason has really enjoyed the swings and tries to get all who visit to go out back and swing with him. The "grass" box has yet to be filled with sand but Phil is working on that.
I finally finished planting all my flowers in pots and the various little beds around the yard. The weather has been trying as far as flowers go and they sat in my garage for almost two weeks before it was "safe" to plant them.
In the middle of May we had a 3 am visitor who I thought was a burglar and being the spaz I am woke Phil up in a frenzy telling him that SOMEONE WAS ON OUR DECK!!! Really it was a fricken huge raccoon helping himself to the bird feeder that hangs off our deck. I was convinced the raccoon was going to take down the whole family so I couldn't sleep the rest of the night and caught the damn thing back at 4 am eating again. This time I caught him on camera so people would believe me! Some animals I just hate and raccoons are one of them.
Last weekend Phil started and completed his 1st ever landscape project. I am so proud :-) The shrubs in the front of our house decided that this was the year that they would all die so in April Phil ripped them all out and we had some professional help for some planting ideas. Then it was finally time to buy the products and get this thing done! Phil worked through another windy misty Saturday and Sunday and on Monday finally shoveled the last piece of rock into place. It looks really nice and we are both happy that the project is complete.
This weekend is a very big one for us...my brother's wedding is finally here and the festivities start tonight with the rehearsal and dinner. I think everything is set and now it is just time to have fun. I am so excited for Josh and Kari and hope that all goes well for them tomorrow and on their honeymoon. Congrats you guys, we love you and are so happy to be part of your big day. Pictures to follow!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment