Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Birthdays, Forts and a New Do






February seems to be the month with a lot of birthdays in our family! Phil's mom, my dad, my brother (a leap year baby!!) and a number of Phil's relatives all have February birthdays...so a very "Happy Birthday" to all of you. We have had a lot of get-togethers to celebrate and still have another to celebrate my brother Josh's Leap Year birthday this weekend. He only gets to have a real birthday once every four years so we are looking forward to seeing him and Kari and celebrating the day. Phil's 30th birthday is just around the corner so birthdays are not done yet around here.


Last week Mason and I were looking for something to do one afternoon so I decided we would build a little fort. I loved forts when I was little and I know Mason thinks they are pretty cool because he just loves his friend Kendra's little play tent. I strategically placed a few dining room chairs and covered them with a large blanket. Mason liked to go in and out and hide from me in his little fort. The funniest part of it all was his hair!! The blanket was creating a lot of static and his hair was standing on end. It looked like when you touch that electric ball at the Science Museum. I got a few neat photos of his hair as the light from the window illuminated it...looks like its time for a haircut!


Another milestone was met last night in Mason's life...he got his hair cut for the first time. As you could see from the static pictures it was quite long and he was starting to look a little shaggy. We took him to the local Kids Hair and a nice lady named Tracy patiently snipped Mason's whispys while he watched a Blues Clues video and enjoyed a few suckers. He actually did really well, a few tears were shed (no not by me :-) but he calmed down quickly when we mentioned a new sucker or the puppy on TV. He now looks like a "big boy" and was pretty proud to show Zoe his new do when we got home. It is funny because whenever Zoe gets her hair cut as soon as she gets home she races around and thinks she is really fast....that is almost exactly what Mason did...he was all wound up...probably the suckers.

1 comment:

Kelsi said...

Fun..I loved making forts! I can't wait to see Mason's new-do.