Sunday, April 27, 2008

We Finished


Thankfully the Half Marathon is over for another year :-) My dad and I finished, which was our overall goal and the weather did cooperate. It was a nice cool day and the sun stayed behind the clouds. My knee did bother me so I was the one requesting to walk the second half. We did really well with our time the first half and same as last year happened to see the leaders finishing as we were just crossing the half way point (that always makes you feel really good when you see the winners and you still have six and a half miles to go). Phil, Mason, my mom, Colleen, Gary, and Kelsi's boyfriend Jeff cheered us on. Kelsi did really well, she is training for Grandma's again so this was just a little jog for her. It always feels good to finish, even if it takes you longer than planned. Many thanks to my Dad who trained for many weekends with me and who helped me through the run as I hobbled along. Now I can get back to shorter runs...no more half marathons...until next year.

No comments: