Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Grandma's Marathon 2008




Phil's sister Kelsi ran Grandma's Marathon for the 2 year in a row in June. This year we all stayed at Grand Superior Lodge outside of Two Harbors and had a great time. Kelsi finished and improved on her time from last year so the weekend was a success. Mason got to skip rocks with Phil into Lake Superior (I'm still not sure that teaching him to throw rocks is a good idea...I can definitely see that coming back to haunt us!!) and found the splashes exciting. I had a "celebrity" sighting while watching the race...KARE 11 meterologist Sven Sungaard was cheering on family memebers running and happened to run past me. I said "Hi Sven" and he waved. I haven't heard if Kelsi is planning on running again next...hopefully because it is sure fun to watch. Congrats Kelsi! (P.S. The guy in the green shirt and shades is Kelsi's beau Jeff)

No comments: