We started Father's Day with breakfast with the Layne's in Duluth then headed back home for the afternoon with my parents. We grilled at my parents hung around for the afternoon. Josh came up so he got a chance to play with the kids, which they always enjoy. I am a pretty pathetic wife and didn't get much of anything for Phil, sorry Phil...I didn't even remember to get cards from the kids to him. I was at Target a few weeks ago and got half of my cards but Jayden was getting fussy so I decided to get the others later and then never got around to it...whoops...so I owe Phil a Father's Day something, sometime. Dads are very special and Phil is a wonderful Dad to Mason and Jayden, and Zoe too. Although he gets frustrated with the crying, whining, poopy diapers, clothes, constant picking up and mealtime meltdowns he loves his kids so much and always has time to read them books, take them for bike rides, let them help with projects, and all the other jobs that come with being a great Dad. They love him and so do I...thanks for being a great daddy and we hope you had a good day.
As far as my Dad and Gary go, they have both helped us so much in so many ways and have both been inspirations and role models for us and our kids. Mason, Jayden and Zoe love their Papas and Phil and I love our Dads. Happy Father's Day!!
No comments:
Post a Comment