This morning we visited Hinkemeyer's Tree Farm to find the perfect Christmas tree. This year I would have to say was in the middle compared to the last few...last year there was a fresh blanket of white fluffy snow with the sun shining bright(beautiful and perfect), two years ago Mason was just a baby and he screamed his head off the entire time (we found our tree in about 5 minutes and it definitely was not a pleasant outing), this year there was no snow :-( and it was a bit chilly but no one was crying so it was fun and Mason helped pick out our tree. We bundled both kids up and put them in the jogger stroller, which worked awesome since the ground was hard and dry. We searched the longest out of Phil's parents and his sister but finally found a pretty Balsam Fir that was the right size. I always like the tall trees, think Clark Griswold style, but our ceilings just can't handle a tall tree. We ended the morning with a delicious meal at Jimmy's and then headed home. Phil got the tree in the house fine and now all we need are some lights and decorations. I love this time of year!!!
Sunday, November 30, 2008
O Christmas Tree
This morning we visited Hinkemeyer's Tree Farm to find the perfect Christmas tree. This year I would have to say was in the middle compared to the last few...last year there was a fresh blanket of white fluffy snow with the sun shining bright(beautiful and perfect), two years ago Mason was just a baby and he screamed his head off the entire time (we found our tree in about 5 minutes and it definitely was not a pleasant outing), this year there was no snow :-( and it was a bit chilly but no one was crying so it was fun and Mason helped pick out our tree. We bundled both kids up and put them in the jogger stroller, which worked awesome since the ground was hard and dry. We searched the longest out of Phil's parents and his sister but finally found a pretty Balsam Fir that was the right size. I always like the tall trees, think Clark Griswold style, but our ceilings just can't handle a tall tree. We ended the morning with a delicious meal at Jimmy's and then headed home. Phil got the tree in the house fine and now all we need are some lights and decorations. I love this time of year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
We went there this afternoon too!!!
We love that place! Angela was scared of the giant snowman though and was crying through the picture...the mean things mamas do to their children just for a picture!!
We also got a balsom fur and it is beautiful!! I love the smell when I walk into the house!
Post a Comment