Monday, December 22, 2008

Baby its Cold Outside!!!





The weather here in MN has been less than balmy the past week. My brother and his wife had the right idea and have been vacationing in Mexico since last Friday!!! It has been below zero temps with negative 30's windchill...brrrrr. Being couped up is not something Mason likes and he has been asking to go outside every day. Today we got to get a little fresh air and go over to his school to see some of Santa's reindeer. The reindeer were rescheduled for today from last week because of the temps...today however was even colder than last week (-13 without wind) but could not be rescheduled again because the reindeer would be very busy in the next few days and then needed to head back to the North Pole. Comet and Cupid were the two reindeer who gave us a sleigh ride. I was lucky enough to ride along with Mason and his little friend Hayley...they were lucky enough to hear me sing Jingle Bells during our ride :-) Even though it has been so cold I like this weather...this is when the snow crunches that neat sound (how I describe the sound of placing the silver filling material to kids when I am working on them) and when you breathe in your nose freezes. Hope everyone here in MN is staying warm and for all that are somewhere warmer, enjoy it!!

No comments: