Friday, May 29, 2009

Chipped Tooth

Tonight Mason had his first bloody mouth incident. He likes to stand on a chair and help make dinner...he had already tipped the chair a little and we had warned him not to lean on the back of it if he wanted to keep standing on it. I ran downstairs to print something off our computer and Phil was with him in the kitchen...I heard a noise...then crying and went upstairs. Phil said that he was bleeding so I took a look and he had bumped his lip and front tooth on our granite countertop. There was a tiny little chip on his tooth and he had bit his lip so it was bleeding a bit. He didn't really cry that long and I asked him if he wanted to come and see me at work tomorrow so we can fix his tooth. He said yes so I guess we will give it a try and see if we can smooth his cute little tooth. The chip is really minor (thank goodness!!!)so if he doesn't want to cooperate life will go on and I am sure this is just the first of many bumps and bruises along the way. How young is too young for a mouthguard??!!!

Update...as expected Mason did not want to even sit in the chair at my office...so for now he will have a little tiny halfmoon chip in his right front tooth...oh well.

No comments: