We ended up getting a new washer and dryer...we were excited...they were delivered last Wednesday. When the delivery guys were hooking up our new washer and dryer they told me that they could not change the way the dryer was vented and had to leave it as it was delivered (out the back). Phil had worried about this when he took the old dryer out and found that it vented out the bottom vs the back or sides. This is sort of unusual (but do-able) we came to find after Phil's many internet searches, live chats with the dryer maker and instruction manual reads. I had told Phil not to worry (being the optimist that I am..ha ha ha) as I was sure it wouldn't be a big deal and the delivery guys could probably help us set it up. WRONG. They said they couldn't touch it and tested both items to make sure they would run and then they were out the door. Phil's dryer dilemma began...the punch out on the bottom was not "punch-out-able." It was welded somehow whereas the sides were easily able to be punched out and the back option was wide open. Phil worked away and at 10 PM we called my Dad to see if he had any ideas on how we could cut metal. I thought of my highspeed hand piece but this was not a practical option. He came over with what he had and again Phil tried to get the damn piece out of the bottom...still unsuccessful he called it a night. The next day at work I asked a few people what they thought, I got a few ideas and before the day was over I had an email from Phil stating that he had got the bottom out!!! I came home to see him as pictured above, headlamp and covered in sweat. The other pictures are of Mason and Papa Gary helping Phil and Phil giving the new dryer a kiss as it was finally installed and working...thank God...after three days of dryer drama!!!
Tuesday, May 05, 2009
Dryer Drama
We ended up getting a new washer and dryer...we were excited...they were delivered last Wednesday. When the delivery guys were hooking up our new washer and dryer they told me that they could not change the way the dryer was vented and had to leave it as it was delivered (out the back). Phil had worried about this when he took the old dryer out and found that it vented out the bottom vs the back or sides. This is sort of unusual (but do-able) we came to find after Phil's many internet searches, live chats with the dryer maker and instruction manual reads. I had told Phil not to worry (being the optimist that I am..ha ha ha) as I was sure it wouldn't be a big deal and the delivery guys could probably help us set it up. WRONG. They said they couldn't touch it and tested both items to make sure they would run and then they were out the door. Phil's dryer dilemma began...the punch out on the bottom was not "punch-out-able." It was welded somehow whereas the sides were easily able to be punched out and the back option was wide open. Phil worked away and at 10 PM we called my Dad to see if he had any ideas on how we could cut metal. I thought of my highspeed hand piece but this was not a practical option. He came over with what he had and again Phil tried to get the damn piece out of the bottom...still unsuccessful he called it a night. The next day at work I asked a few people what they thought, I got a few ideas and before the day was over I had an email from Phil stating that he had got the bottom out!!! I came home to see him as pictured above, headlamp and covered in sweat. The other pictures are of Mason and Papa Gary helping Phil and Phil giving the new dryer a kiss as it was finally installed and working...thank God...after three days of dryer drama!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment