Sunday, September 07, 2008

Mini Vacation







The weather was a little cooler than expected (no swimming in the lake) while we were on our little getaway so we decided to check out The Lodge Waterpark in Brainerd. We went early in the day so it was pretty quiet there and we had a lot of fun. Mason got the hang of walking in the water and by the end was wading around in water up to his chest. Phil and I both tried the waterslides and decided that they make you feel pretty claustrophobic, they were fast and hot and it didn't feel like you could breathe. Before I went the lifeguard at the top asked "are you sure you are up for this??" That should have maybe given me a clue that I should just stick to the lazy river!! We both went only once and that was enough. Our vacation was a nice relaxing time. Lots of time for naps and snacks and playing. Tomorrow it is back to work and school.
P.S. Sorry I didn't include any shots of me in my swimsuit, I figured this is a family blog and didn't want to scare anyone :-)

No comments: