On Saturday mornings I have been running with my Dad trying to get ready for this years EarthDay Half Marathon (April 18th). My Dad is again going to Guatemala in two weeks so we have been trying to get some longer runs in on the weekends before he goes. Last week the run sucked because there was fresh snow to deal with. We ran seven miles but it felt like ten. It was a good "core" workout (unfortunately I don't have much a "core" right now!!) because everytime you would put your foot down it would slip and you had to use your whole body to keep from falling. This week we did 8 and it was much better but pretty chilly. It was -5 according to the TV when we started running but little wind which was good. We bundled up and once we got going we were fine. We even had a pleasant discovery along the way...we found 60 dollars just laying on the ground. No one was around and it was in the middle of an empty parking lot, we figured it was $60 for my Dad's recent birthday...so our run was definitely worth it. I thought those of you out in Cali and warmer areas would appreciate the frost on my Dad's facial hair and the fog on my glasses once I got inside. Warmer times are coming...we can only hope.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Cold Run
On Saturday mornings I have been running with my Dad trying to get ready for this years EarthDay Half Marathon (April 18th). My Dad is again going to Guatemala in two weeks so we have been trying to get some longer runs in on the weekends before he goes. Last week the run sucked because there was fresh snow to deal with. We ran seven miles but it felt like ten. It was a good "core" workout (unfortunately I don't have much a "core" right now!!) because everytime you would put your foot down it would slip and you had to use your whole body to keep from falling. This week we did 8 and it was much better but pretty chilly. It was -5 according to the TV when we started running but little wind which was good. We bundled up and once we got going we were fine. We even had a pleasant discovery along the way...we found 60 dollars just laying on the ground. No one was around and it was in the middle of an empty parking lot, we figured it was $60 for my Dad's recent birthday...so our run was definitely worth it. I thought those of you out in Cali and warmer areas would appreciate the frost on my Dad's facial hair and the fog on my glasses once I got inside. Warmer times are coming...we can only hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment