Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Happy Birthday Phil...or not

Today Phil celebrates his 31st birthday. Phil and I are going to be able to get out for dinner tonight (even with the snowstorm we are having). Birthdays don't seem to be as special as you get older. Phil celebrated this morning by sleeping an extra 15 minutes!! He has to work all day and then gets to spend the evening with his lovely wife :-) Phil is a wonderful father, loves to play with the kids and make them laugh, is a good cook, a good husband and keeps our lives organized and running smoothly. Happy Birthday dear, we hope you have a good day. We love you!!!

Sarah, Mason, Jayden, and Zoe

Update...5:45pm...made it home through the snow...Phil is snowblowing the driveway...get inside...Mason acting weird...Mason vomits big time all over Phil and the carpet...nice...Happy Birthday Dad!!! Our birthday plans changed quickly...this was Mason's first time puking so he was pretty freaked out...crying...puke all over his clothes...nasty. It is now about 8:40 and he has puked about 4 times then will doze off in between. He has nothing left to throw up so I hope his stomach settles soon so he can rest. Luckily I have tomorrow off...hopefully the night will be quiet. Jayden seemed a little raspy before bed so I also hope she is not coming down with something and stears clear of this puking crap. So instead of Phil getting nothing big for is birthday he got a shirt, pants and socks full of puke...ahh the joys of parenting!!!

2 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Phil shares a birthday with Nicholas! He turned 9 yesterday! He was not too happy to get so much snow on his birthday! The year he was born, the day before it was 70 degrees!!



I posted his birth story on my blog!

Happy Birthday Phil!

I hope Mason's flu doesn't spread to everyone and please stay away from us!! haha! If I wasn't still baby sick (did you know I'm pregnant?) I'd bring you a meal! I'll say some prayers for quick recovery instead!

My kids have only gotten the (throwing up) flu once and Katherine said (she was only like 3) "I don't like being sick" through tears, it was so sad!!

Sarah said...

Hi Jamie--
Thanks for the prayers...so far this morning Mason is feeling better...after a long night for both of us. I too hope no one else gets it...we had RSV over here last week...yuk yuk yuk I hate sickness and it is time for this cold winter to be over so we can all get out and get some fresh air!!! Happy B-day to Nicholas...I have been checking your blog ever since you started writing again. Congratulations on the baby news!! We are excited for your family. Hopefully you will be feeling better soon...no worries about a meal...I owe you one anyway...prayers are enough!! Mason did not like being sick either, he kept saying "I don't want to" everytime he was going to throw up, it made me sad too :-( Hopefully the day will be quiet and he will keep feeling better and hopefully little Jayden stays healthy. Talk to you soon.